Match Report by Luke Winner.

The Bulldogs welcomed back fans into the stadium for the first time in 456 days overcoming visitors
Swinton Lions in a hard fought 26 – 12 win.

Swinton were quick off the mark scoring straight from the get go through the hands of Mitch Cox.
Martyn Ridyard converted.

The visitors were making themselves known against Lingards side as their fluent and aggressive offence
saw them scoop another bursting try by Sam Brooks. Ridyard this time couldn’t convert.
However, the tries would end for Swinton as Batley started to put a foothold in the game with Ben Kaye
darting over the line at his second attempt. Dale Morton added the conversion just before half-time
leaving the score stood at 6 – 10.

Captain James Brown levelled the scoreboard following on from a busting run to the try line carrying
multiple defenders over. Morton added the extras.
Swinton had gained a penalty in their favour which saw Ridyard lace his boots up once again bringing
the game to 12 a piece.

It was then Batley’s turn for a penalty goal as Dale Morton converted successfully, whilst Luke
Waterworth was sent to the bin for 10 minutes.

Fluent and beautiful ball play from the Bulldogs setup Josh Tonks to place a chip kick into the corner for
Jodie Broughton to crash over. Morton converted.

The final try came from Alistair Leak who dipped and dived through the opposing team to put the final
decider down. Morton converted.

FULL-TIME: Batley Bulldogs 26 – 12 Swinton Lions
Batley: Luke Hooley, Johnny Campbell, Dale Morton, Kieran Buchanan, Jodie Broughton, Ben
White, Tom Gilmore, Adam Gledhill, Ben Kaye, Jack Blagbrough, Josh Tonks, Dane Manning and
James Brown.
Interchanges: Elliot Hall, Alistair Leak, Tom Lillycrop and Lucas Walshaw.

Swinton: Geronimo Doyle, Mike Butt, Mitch Cox, Reece Hamlett, Luis Roberts, Martyn Ridyard;
Jack Hansen, Sam Brooks, Luke Waterworth, Ronan Michael, Rhodri Lloyd, Nick Gregson and
Billy Brickhill
Interchanges: Paddy Jones, Tayler Brown, Deane Meadows and Cobi Green.